Mariposa Gymnastics Club Aims and Objectives
- To promote the sport of gymnastics in the community by increasing awareness and participation;
- To provide the opportunity for young people to train with high-quality coaching, in a fun and safe environment;
- To develop athletes physiologically, psychologically and technically at the gymnastics for all and competitive levels;
- To maintain the standard of quality programs that promotes equality without discrimination as to race, religion, sex or ability.
Philosophical Statement of Purpose
- To provide levels of training corresponding to different levels of ability, commitment and potential with the opportunity to perform in competitions;
- To develop athletes individually by setting and working toward realistic goals;
- To motivate athletes to strive to achieve their "personal best";
- To emphasize fun, fitness and the fundamentals of gymnastics;
- To foster a sense of community and team spirit with the other members of the club through an awareness of their common interest in working toward individual and team goals, as well as a sense of sportsmanship and respect for other competitors.