We are excited for our 2023 Camp.
Registration is now open.
Please use the link at the bottom of the page to register for camp.
Details on camps are listed below
About Camp at Mariposa Gymnastics Club
Join the Mariposa Gymnastics Club Coaches for our fun filled, action packed Summer Camp.
- Camp duration will follow the guidelines as they were published at the time of the session’s creation
- Children must be between 4 (before the start of camp) and 12+ years old
- Children must bring own snacks, water, and lunch (Litterless Lunches)
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizer is in use
- Registration must be completed online through our website. No walk-ins are permitted.
- Camp registration must be paid in full during registration process on uplifter.
- There are NO refunds on camps and we do not pro-rate tuition for missed days.
- Online waiver for 2023-2024 season must be completed prior to your camp start date.
Full Day camp – 8:30am – 4:30 pm
- $250 for a full week
- $200 for a 4 day week
Please note that we do not offer refunds on camps.
What to bring to camp
- Gymnastics suit or shorts & t-shirt
- Extra set of clothes
- Long hair pulled back and out of your face
- 2 snacks and a lunch (PEANUT FREE)
- Litterless Lunches Only – All waste including compost will be returned home
- Refillable water bottle (clearly labeled)
Sign In / Sign Out Procedure
- You must enter the gym to drop off and pick up your child/ren
Can I book my camp by the day, week or month?
We are only offering camps in one-week increments.
What is the daily schedule?
- Camps are for children aged 4 (prior to camp start date) to 12+. Each day has its own theme so that campers do not get bored. Themes include Olympics, Wacky & Wild, Ninja Warrior & Ball Games Galore. In addition to gymnastics skill building, campers will play fun games, do arts & crafts and science experiments.
- Campers will take scheduled water, snack, and lunch breaks to ensure their bodies can recharge after learning new techniques. All water, snacks, and lunch must be provided by the camper. No food or water will be provided on-site.
Can I stay and watch my child?
- Unfortunately, no.
- We at Mariposa Gymnastics like to use the Kiss and Go technique.
Do I provide food and water for my child?
- You must provide food for 2 snack breaks plus a lunch.
- Please bring plenty of water in a reusable bottle for your child.
- Please label all of your items clearly.
What is the cancellation policy?
- There are no refunds on camps for any reason, including sickness. In the event that you need to cancel a camp reservation or reschedule a session, requests must be made in writing to email@example.com. Requests to reschedule to another session will be considered and approved based on the current capacity of the requested sessions. Any reschedule requests are not guaranteed until confirmed by a staff member.
Can I leave medication with the coaches to give to my child?
- Yes, but if your child requires medication, your child must be able to self-administer it. We do not administer medication; however, we will store it daily for your child. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child will require daily medication. On the first day of camp, please feel free to speak to Jacquie, who will help your child remember to take his or her medication at the appropriate time.
What is the age range of the campers?
- Campers must be between the ages of 4 and 12 yrs old to participate in camp.
- Your child must be 4 prior to the camp start date.
- Your child will be grouped with similar children of age to ensure a fun and safe experience.
Do you offer before and after care?
- We are not offering before or after care for camps at this time.
Is previous gymnastics experience required?
- No! No previous experience is required. Our coaches are skilled at breaking down functional movements based on your own child’s level of gymnastics development. So your child will have fun whether they are trying this for the first time, or have been coming to our program for years
GYMNASTICS ONTARIO and MARIPOSA GYMNASTICS CLUB
PARTICIPANT INFORMED CONSENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
WARNING! Please read carefully
By signing this document, you will assume certain risks and responsibilities
- This is a binding legal agreement. Clarify any questions or concerns before signing. As a participant in the sport of gymnastics and the spectating, orientation, instruction, activities, competitions, programs, and services of Gymnastics Ontario and Mariposa Gymnastics Club (collectively the “Activities”), the undersigned, being the Participant and the Participant’s Parent/Guardian (if Participant is under 18 years old), (collectively the “Parties”), acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document.
- Gymnastics Ontario, Mariposa Gymnastics Club, and their respective Directors, Officers, committee members, members, employees, coaches, volunteers, officials, participants, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of the facilities in which the Activities take place, and representatives (collectively the “Organization”
Description and Acknowledgement of Risks
- The Parties understand and acknowledge that:
- The Activities have foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks, hazards, and dangers that no amount of care, caution or expertise can eliminate, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury.
- The Organization may offer or promote online programming (such as webinars, remote conferences, workshops, and online training) which have different foreseeable and unforeseeable risks than in-person programming.
- The Organization has a difficult task to ensure safety and it is not infallible. The Organization may be unaware of the Participant’s fitness or abilities, may give incomplete warnings or instructions, may misjudge weather or environmental conditions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and COVID-19 is contagious. The Organization has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Organization cannot guarantee that the Participant will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, participating in the Activities could increase the Participant’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
- The Participant is participating voluntarily in the Activities. In consideration of that participation, the Parties hereby acknowledge that they are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards and may be exposed to such risks, dangers, and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to:
- Privacy breaches, hacking, technology malfunction or damage.
- Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques and exerting and stretching various muscle groups.
- Vigorous physical exertion, strenuous cardiovascular workouts, and rapid movements.
- The failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment or apparatus. e)Failure to follow instructions or rules.
- Serious injury to virtually all bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons, and other aspects of the Participant’s body or to the Participant’s general health and well-being.
- Abrasions, sprains, strains, fractures, or dislocations.
- Concussion or other head injuries, including but not limited to, closed head injury or blunt head trauma.
- Physical contact with other participants, spotters, spectators, equipment, and hazards.
- Collisions with walls, any gymnastics apparatus, floors, or mats.
- Falling, tumbling, or hitting any gymnastics apparatus, the floor, mats, or other surfaces.
- Failure to act safely or within the Participant’s ability or designated areas.
- Negligence of other persons, including other spectators, participants, or employees.
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the Activities.
- Contracting COVID-19 or any other contagious disease.
- In consideration of the Organization allowing the Participant to participate in the Activities, the Parties agree:
- That when the Participant practices or trains in their own space, the Parties are responsible for the Participant’s surroundings and the location and equipment that is selected for the Participant.
- That the Participant’s mental and physical condition is appropriate to participate in the Activities and the Parties assume all risks related to the Participant’s mental and physical condition.
- That the Participant may experience anxiety while challenging themselves during the Activities.
- To comply with the rules and regulations for participation in the Activities.
- To comply with the rules of the facility or equipment.
- The risks associated with the Activities are increased when the Participant is impaired, and the Participant will not participate if impaired in any way.
- That COVID-19 is contagious in nature and the Participant may be exposed to, or infected by, COVID-19.
- In consideration of the Organization allowing the Participant to participate, the Parties agree:
- That the Parties are not relying on any oral or written statements made by the Organization or their agents, whether in brochure or advertisement or in individual conversations, to agree to participate in the Activities.
- That the Organization is not responsible or liable for any damage to the Participant’s vehicle, property, or equipment that may occur as a result of the Activities; and
- That this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law of the Province of Ontario and if any portion thereof is held invalid, the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
- The Parties agree that in the event that they file a lawsuit against the Organization, they agree to do so solely in the Province of Ontario.
- The Parties acknowledge that they have read this Agreement and understand it, that they have executed this Agreement voluntarily, and that this Agreement is to be binding upon themselves, their heirs, their spouses, parents, guardians, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal or personal representation.
Participants at any event in which Mariposa Gymnastics Club is involved may have their image, likeness and /or name, used in publications and on the internet by Mariposa Gymnastics as well as its agents and sponsors from time to time. By clicking the above form agreement, gymnasts, volunteers and coaches allow the use of personal information as outlined above, and image on Mariposa Gymnastics, Gymnastics Ontario and Gymnastics Canada Media, including newsletter, website, poster, brochure, video, sponsorship packages.