Summer Camp 2022
We are excited for our 2022 Summer Camp.
Registration is now open.
Please use the link at the bottom of the page to register for camp.
Details on camps are listed below.
About Summer Camp at Mariposa Gymnastics Club
Join the Mariposa Gymnastics Club Coaches for our fun filled, action packed Summer Camp. Our camps are run in accordance with Simcoe Muskoka Public Health Unit and the Province of Ontario guidelines, with general camp procedures as follows:
- Small groups to promote distancing with the same camp coaches
- Camp duration will follow the guidelines as they were published at the time of the session’s creation
- Children must be between 4 (before the start of camp) and 12+ years old
- Children must bring own snacks, water, and lunch (Litterless Lunches)
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizer is in use
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION
- Registration must be completed online through our website. No walk-ins are permitted.
- Camp registration must be paid in full one week prior to camp starting.
- There are NO refunds on camps and we do not pro-rate tuition for missed days.
- Online waiver for 2022-2023 season must be completed prior to your camp start date.
Full Day camp – 8:30am – 4:30 pm
- $250 for a full week
- $200 for a 4 day week
Please note that we do not offer refunds on camps.
SUMMER CAMP FAQS
What to bring to camp
- Gymnastics suit or shorts & t-shirt
- Extra set of clothes
- Long hair pulled back and out of your face
- 2 snacks and a lunch (PEANUT FREE)
- Litterless Lunches Only – All waste including compost will be returned home
- Refillable water bottle (clearly labeled)
- Extra masks
Sign In / Sign Out Procedure
- Check your email for the name of your child’s camp coach
- You must park your vehicle and escort your child to be signed in with their coach
- Find your coach in the parking lot every morning and afternoon for sign in and sign out
- Kiss and go rules apply
Can I book my camp by the day, week or month?
We are only offering camps in one-week increments.
What are the additional safety protocols put in place to protect my children?
- Our staff has worked hard to ensure that all cleaning protocols have been enhanced to meet the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and the Province of Ontario’s guidelines for cleaning and sanitization.
- Our camp structure has been designed to adhere to all local guidelines. From a drop off/pick up process to regular hand washing and sanitizing throughout the session, we have processes to keep our camp participants and staff safe.
What is the daily schedule?
- Camps are for children aged 4 (prior to camp start date) to 12+. Each day has its own theme so that campers do not get bored. Themes include Olympics, Wacky & Wild, Ninja Warrior & Ball Games Galore. In addition to gymnastics skill building, campers will play fun games, do arts & crafts and science experiments. Between each rotation, staff and children will sanitize their hands.
- Campers will take scheduled water, snack, and lunch breaks to ensure their bodies can recharge after learning new techniques. All water, snacks, and lunch must be provided by the camper. No food or water will be provided on-site.
Can I stay and watch my child?
- Unfortunately, no. To limit the unlikely, but potential Covid-19 exposure, parents will not be allowed inside our facility.
- Campers will use a touchless check-in procedure outside our facility and will be escorted inside by a staff member.
Do I provide food and water for my child?
- You must provide food for 2 snack breaks plus a lunch.
- Please bring plenty of water in a reusable bottle for your child.
- Please label all of your items clearly.
Does my child need to wear a mask?
- All staff members will be wearing masks during camp.
- Children are to wear a mask entering and exiting the building during the sign in and sign out procedure. The children do not have to wear a mask during physical activity.
What is the cancellation policy?
- There are no refunds on camps for any reason, including sickness. In the event that you need to cancel a camp reservation or reschedule a session, requests must be made in writing to email@example.com. Requests to reschedule to another session will be considered and approved based on the current capacity of the requested sessions. Any reschedule requests are not guaranteed until confirmed by a staff member.
Can I leave medication with the coaches to give to my child?
- Yes, but if your child requires medication, your child must be able to self-administer it. We do not administer medication; however, we will store it daily for your child. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child will require daily medication. On the first day of camp, please feel free to speak to Jacquie, who will help your child remember to take his or her medication at the appropriate time.
What is the age range of the campers?
- Campers must be between the ages of 4 and 12 yrs old to participate in camp.
- Your child must be 4 prior to the camp start date.
- Your child will be grouped with similar children of age to ensure a fun and safe experience.
Do you offer before and after care?
- We are not offering before or after care for camps at this time.
Is previous gymnastics experience required?
- No! No previous experience is required. Our coaches are skilled at breaking down functional movements based on your own child’s level of gymnastics development. So your child will have fun whether they are trying this for the first time, or have been coming to our program for years
In consideration of Mariposa Gymnastics Club accepting my application to participate in this activity, I agree: To waive any and all claims that I may have in future against Mariposa Gymnastics Club.
1. To release the Mariposa Gymnastics Club from any and all liability for any personal injury, death, property damage, expense and related loss, including loss of income that I or my next of kin may suffer as a result of my participation in this activity, due to any cause whatsoever, including breach of contract or breach of any statutory duty of care, unless caused by negligence.
2. To hold harmless and indemnify Mariposa Gymnastics Club from any and all liability for any damage to property of, or personal injury to, any third party, resulting from my participation in this activity.
3. That this agreement is binding on not only myself but also my next if kin, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
Participants at any event in which Mariposa Gymnastics Club is involved may have their image, likeness and /or name, used in publications and on the internet by Mariposa Gymnastics as well as its agents and sponsors from time to time. By clicking the above form agreement, gymnasts, volunteers and coaches allow the use of personal information as outlined above, and image on Mariposa Gymnastics, Gymnastics Ontario and Gymnastics Canada Media, including newsletter, website, poster, brochure, video, sponsorship packages.
Please make sure to fill out the 2022-2023 Waivers when registering for Summer Camp.