Welcome to Gymnastics 2020!!
We are very excited to have you all back in the gym! We have been working hard to provide a safe and fun environment for our gymnasts to thrive in and would like to share our new requirements and expectations to keep our gymnasts and employees safe!
At this time we are not able to invite parents to view as we have a 50 person per gym limit. We have built a partition in the gym and have split our gym into two separate gyms for your child’s safety.
WE HAVE A BRAND NEW WEBSITE AND REGISTRATION SYSTEM! Please be patient while we navigate our way to better service for our customers!
Go to our website www.mariposagymnastics.ca and register in the class of your choice. If you believe you have a credit please choose PAY AT COUNTER option. And contact the gym so that we can put a credit on your account. You can then log back in and pay. All credits will be applied for session 4 only.
In order to pay monthly you will need to contact the gym as well. Use the PAY AT COUNTER OPTION.
All inquiries regarding credits and monthly payments should be made to our email address
Keeping it Safe
We will be taking measures to ensure participants and their families are aware that they may not enter the facility if either they or a household member has had onset of illness with symptoms compatible with suspected or lab-confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
Each participant will be required to submit a self assessment prior to their class start. This assessment is provided by the government of Ontario and processed through our brand new registration system Uplifter! Please complete the assessment by accessing www.mariposagymnastics.uplifterinc.com and follow the prompts to the assessment tool.
If your gymnast or a family member is ill and cannot answer yes to the questions on the assessment tool we will not be able to provide gymnastic classes that week. If there is a COVID case the gym will be shut down in order to clean and ensure the safety of our gymnasts and staff. We will not offer refunds for this type of shutdown but will offer credit for any shutdown that occurs due to a resurgence of the virus.
Mariposa Gymnastics is committed to social distancing where possible, hand washing and would like to advise our patrons the importance of ensuring that respiratory etiquette is followed by advising our gymnasts and staff to please cough or sneeze into one’s arm or a tissue.
Cleaning protocols have been increased significantly and will be posted throughout the gym. All apparatus, mats and blocks used during training will be disinfected after class and prior to a new group of athletes entering the gym. Athletes will be required to sanitize and wash hands after each rotation. Bathrooms and high touch surfaces with Health Canada approved cleaning supplies at each class change over as well as daily cleaning at the beginning of each day.
What to Expect
- AT THIS TIME THERE IS NO PARENT VIEWING IN THE GYM.
- Assessment tool filled out prior to class at mariposagymnastics.uplifterinc.com.
- PARENT DROP OFF AT THE OUTER LOBBY. IMPORTANT – Classes will be shortened by 10 minutes for cleaning and drop off. For example if your classes is 9 am – 10:30 am – your child will need to be picked up at 10:20am. PLEASE BE ON TIME as we will need to bring the next classes into the gym in a timely manner.
- Please see the waiting area outside LABELLED DROP OFF AND PICK UP. Coaches will escort gymnasts in from this point.
- Gymnasts should come prepared with hair tied back and gymsuit on, we encourage your gymnast to have a drink prior to class as water breaks have been discontinued.
- Gymnasts will be expected to put all belongings in a LABELLED back pack or tote bag.
- Masks are encouraged but not required for participants. ALL STAFF WILL BE WEARING MASKS.
- Gymnasts will be expected to sanitize with provided sanitizer prior to gym entry and in between rotations.
- CLASS sizes are smaller and each class will be a cohort. We have separated our gym into two gyms.. GYM A AND GYM B. Gym A and Gym B have completely separate entrance, coat area and bathrooms to provide extra safety for your child.
- In the case of coach illness we have designated coaches to substitute in each gym and they will not cross over.
- At the end of class a staff member will escort the group to the outer lobby waiting area, gymnasts will be released only when their parents/ guardians are present. PLEASE BE ON TIME AS IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT DROP OFF AND PICK UP BE DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER!
Gym Participant Tests Positive for COVID-19
If a participant in our gym learns that he/she has tested positive for COVID-19, the participant or, if a child, the participant’s parent, should notify their coach or a manager as soon as possible.
Management will contact the Participant/Parent: Obtain detailed information by asking the participant/parent the following questions:
- What date did the symptoms begin?
- To the best of your recollection, what participants and employees have you/the participant been in close contact (within 6 feet) with during the 14 days prior to your symptoms starting? Please provide specific names is possible.
- Confirm that Public Health has been notified.
. Management will reassure the infected gymnast that every effort will be made to protect their identity. They will not be identified by name as part of the notification process. The message potentially exposed individuals will be that they may have come into contact with someone at our gym who has tested positive for COVID-19 and as a precaution, we request they quarantine at home for 14 days.
The gym will be immediately closed for complete disinfection.